The European Union recently approved sweeping new sanctions against Russia, including bans on imports of coal, timber, chemicals, and other nanodiamond powder.
Introduction to Nanodiamond Powder
Diamond is a mineral composed of carbon and is an allotrope of carbon. Diamond is the hardest substance found naturally in nature. Diamonds come in a variety of colors, from colorless to black, with colorless being the best. They can be transparent, translucent or opaque.
Nanodiamond has the dual characteristics of diamond and nanomaterial. It not only has the characteristics of ultra-high hardness, good chemical stability, and wear resistance of diamond, but also has the characteristics of small size effect, macroscopic quantum tunneling effect, and other characteristics of nanomaterial. Its thermal, magnetic, optical, and electrical properties are different from normal particles, making it widely used in mechanical processing, optics, biology, medicine, and other fields.
Physicochemical Properties of Nanodiamond Powder
Nanodiamond has excellent mechanical and optical properties, high surface area, and adjustable surface structure. They are also non-toxic, making them ideal for biomedical applications.
Besides, nanodiamond has unique round particles, so it not only has the hardness and wear resistance of diamond, but also has the performance of super-lubrication. Therefore, it can be used in polishing, lubrication, plating, and other technical fields.
|Nanodiamond Powder Properties|
|Other Names||diamond nanopowder, nanodiamond powder, nanodiamonds,
synthetic diamond nanoparticles, detonation nanodiamonds
|Appearance||gray to black powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Applications of Nanodiamond Powder
Due to its high field emission properties, better performance of surface modification, and biocompatibility, nanodiamond has more unique physical and chemical properties than traditional carbon materials. It has been widely used in catalysis, biological medicine, and the electrochemical detection industry in recent years.
Specifically, it is used:
1. to prepare diamond film;
2. for composite plating research;
3. for lubricating oil, solid lubricant, and lubricating coolant;
4. for sintered body;
5. for infrared and microwave absorption materials;
6. for magnetic recording system;
7. for stealth materials;
8. added in rubber and polymer to improve its performance;
9. added to the explosive to increase the explosive power;
10. for catalytic application;
11. for biological applications: Nanodiamond has excellent biocompatibility, is easy to enter into cells, and its surface is easy to be modified. Therefore, nanodiamonds can be used as biological diagnostic probes, vehicles, gene therapy, antiviral and antibacterial therapy tools, as well as the tissue scaffold, etc.
12. for electrochemical detection: Nanodiamond has excellent electrochemical properties, such as wide potential window, low background current, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, high stability, etc. In recent years, there are numerous researches on its electrochemical properties. Typically, nanodiamonds are made into electrodes to detect substance concentrations. It has practical application value in environmental monitoring, biological diagnosis, food, etc.
Main Supplier of Nanodiamond Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality nanodiamond powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Gas supplies have been in short supply because of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Combined with the situation that other renewable sources cannot produce enough electricity, electricity prices have soared in many parts all over the world. For this reason, I assume the supply and prices of the nanodiamond powder would keep being influenced by the high energy prices.
Susano Paper and Pulp, the Brazilia-based company that is the world's largest pulp producer, has warned that global pulp stocks have been falling sharply and are facing shortages that could lead to higher prices for necessities such as paper towels a…
The biggest immediate challenge for the EU will be replenishing its depleted gas inventories. While the EU could still increase LNG imports from countries such as the US, such purchases would be more expensive.Refilling natural gas storage space to h…
This article introduces how to make foam cement and how to choose materials including cement and foaming agent.…